Housed in a 1910 Carnegie Library building, the Museum offers two floors of displays from maritime history to a Victorian parlor. Exhibit topics include logging, early homelife, ship models, Edmonds during the war hears, dioramas and more.

The ground floor consists of permanent displays detailing the history of Edmonds and interpreting the many changes that have taken place, from the age of exploration and discovery, through the founding and growth of the city, and up to the 1950s when the last mill closed

Highlights of the exhibit include a reconstruction of a room from the 1894 Stevens Hotel, and a working model of a shingle mill, representative of the mills that filled the waterfront at the turn of the century.

There is also a museum gift shop and a research library.