The Harry S. Truman Little White House is the State of Florida’s only Presidential site. This 1890 Victorian home was built as the Naval Station Commander’s home. It was used by President Harry Truman as his winter retreat using it 175 days. Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy also officially used this house. The Dept of Defense and US Air Force was born in this house. Secy of State Colin Powell opened international peace talks in 2001 in this house. Two permanent exhibit galleries and most rooms are filled with original furnishings used by President Truman. Open daily 9 to 5. Last tour begins at 4:30 pm. Presidential gift shop & bookstore available on site.