Located in the heart of Goergetown’s Historic District, the Kaminski House was built about 1769 by local merchant Paul Trapier. In 1972 the house, grounds, and collection were willed to the City of Georgetown for use as a museum by the last owner, Mrs. Harold Kaminski. The collection includes English and American furniture and decorative arts dating from the late 1700s. Featured are interesting examples of Charleston, SC cabinetmaking of the 1800s. The Kaminski House Museum is a teaching tool for presenting history. From the promise of the colonial period to the difficulties of Civil War and Reconstruction to the current day, the site serves as a backdrop to the growth and changes in Georgetown and the surrounding areas.