Salisbury House is a 42-room mansion containing authentic 16th century English oak, flint from the White Cliffs of Dover, 300 year-old tiles from Trafalgar estate and worn paving bricks from High Street in Des Moines, all incorporated to create an authentic English manor. Built between 1923-28 by Iowans Carl and Edith Weeks, Salisbury House is filled with a collection of original world-class art, tapestries, rare books and antique furnishings.