Our building is a national historical landmark built in 1894.

It houses the oldest continuously operating public library in the state of Indiana with an impressive archive of papers, manuscripts and books from New Harmonys historical past.

While the library began in 1838, the museum was begun in 1894.

The museum has three rooms housing a gallery, Harmonist, Owenite and natural science artifacts.